Dec1610: UPH Data Aquisition and Analysis
UnityPoint Health (UPH) is a multi-state healthcare provider based in Des Moines, Iowa and manages many hospitals and clinics (http://www.unitypoint.org/Default.aspx). UPH has a proprietary patient portal called “MyChart” and uses Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) to help engage patients and manage patient health data. UPH would like to continue the development of the previously delivered mobile app. Continue efforts to aggregate, and analyze new “patient data” generated by wearable devices so that UPH can conduct subsequent data analyses to help improve the health of patients.
The continuation of the IOS project has the following objectives:
- Acquire data from different wearables such as Fitbit, Garmin, and Apple Watch.
- Set up and maintain a server, domain, and database for data storage and retrieval.
- Impliment multiple authentication methods such as Facebook and Google. Allow for IOS finger scanner authentication.
- Retrieve data and display it multiple formats (graphs, charts) and allow for standard analytics to be conducted.
- Impliment a UI for the IOS application that meets the UPH standards and improve upon the current UX.